The Emerging Minds Network is a mental health research network and part of the Cross-Disciplinary Mental Health Network Plus initiative supported by UK Research and Innovation. Our aim is to reduce the prevalence of mental health problems amongst children and young people by fostering research across sectors and disciplines.
This privacy notice explains how we use the personal data we collect from you when you use our website, subscribe to our mailing list, contact us via email, or give us your contact details for another reason such as an event. The Emerging Minds Network is a project of the University of Oxford and we adhere to the policies and procedures of the University of Oxford.
What data do we collect?
We may collect the following data:
- Personal identification information such as:
- Email address
- Event-specific details such as:
- Dietary and accessibility requirements, and next of kin details
- Further details about your role or occupation
- Your consent for us to share your data, or participate in media
How do we collect your data?
Your data has been collected by us in the following ways:
- You are already a member of the network
- You have provided a letter of support for the network
- You have asked us directly to be added to a mailing list to receive regular updates and news – this could have been at an event, via email or by signing up to our mailing list via our website
- You have signed up for event and given us data for the purposes of that event
How we will use your data
Your data will be used in the following ways:
- To provide you with updates about funding, events and other research related opportunities
- To update you on the latest research news, milestones, achievements and policy positions
- To contact you about an event you have registered for
How do we store your data
We store your data on secure network drives in password protected folders that are only accessible by our core administrative and communications staff.
If you are a newsletter subscriber, we will keep your personal data for approximately 36 months. Once every 36 months, we will get in touch with you and ask you if you still wish to receive news, opportunities and updates from us. If you do not wish to be contacted by us, we will permanently delete your personal data from our database.
If you have given us your data for another reason, such as an event, we will store your personal data for up to 36 months, after which we will permanently delete your personal data from our database.
At any time, you have the right to ask us which data we have, how we use it and, if you wish, to have it permanently deleted from our databases.
Privacy policies on other websites
How to contact us