How can we best meet the needs of children and young people who have intersecting needs and face complex situations in order to promote good mental health, prevent the development of mental health problems and tackle mental health problems early?
Our stakeholder engagement work particularly highlighted the importance of addressing the needs of children and young people who:
- Are not in school or at risk of being excluded from school
- Have neurodevelopmental conditions
- Have special educational needs
- Experience communication challenges
- Experience physical health conditions
- Have behavioural difficulties
Artwork credit: Tom Bailey
Projects seeking to address this research challenge include:
We have compiled a dedicated report (May 2023) on how we drew together our research challenges, the progress made towards them, and our perspective on what remains to be done. We would love you to take a look!