The funding call has now CLOSED
The Emerging Minds Network have been hosting kick-off events over the past few months to launch the network and bring together colleagues and encourage collaboration across disciplines and sectors.
The events have focused discussion around our Research Challenges, which have been developed in partnership with young people, their families, practitioners and policy makers. You can read more about our work with Young Minds and the Centre for Mental Health to engage a range of stakeholders in agreeing our Research Challenges here.
Purpose of the First Funding Call:
The Emerging Minds Network first funding call invited proposals for projects to address Research Challenges 2, 3 & 4. There will be a funding call in 2021 focused on Research challenge 1: ‘The Big Question.’
· Deadline for applications was: 21 February 2020 – 9am
· The total funding available we anticipate sharing in this funding call is: £200,000
· We anticipate most projects will be delivered within 12 months. Projects should be completed within a maximum of 24 months and by July 2022 at the latest.
· You can apply for a small grant (between £2,000 and £15,000), medium (£15,000 – £30,000) or large, (between £30,000 and £40,000).
· We want to fund projects which are collaborations across disciplines and sectors. However, consistent with UKRI guidelines, the project lead or one of the co-leads must be based at a UK Higher Education Institution (HEI) as the funding can only be directly transferred to a UK HEI.
· Each individual can be a lead applicant on just one application in this funding round although an individual or organisation can get involved in the project teams of an unlimited number of proposed projects
Full details of this funding call can be found in the documents below. You can also visit our regularly updated FAQs here
You can also check out our funding call podcasts from Cathy and Emily – a a series of short clips with lots of information on who is eligible and how to apply
All lead applicants will need to ensure that their institution is prepared to agree to our standard terms & conditions.